The British Fantasy Awards 2022 took place on 17th September 2022, as part of FantasyCon, held at Radisson RED Hotel in Heathrow.
You can view the 2022 shortlists here.
The winners were:
- The Sydney J. Bounds Award for Best Newcomer: Shelley Parker-Chan, for She Who Became the Sun (Tor)
- Best Film/Television Production: Last Night in Soho
- Best Non-Fiction: Writing the Uncanny, ed. Dan Coxon & Richard V. Hirst (Dead Ink)
- Best Artist: Jenni Coutts
- Best Comic/Graphic Novel: The Girl from the Sea, by Molly Knox Ostertag (Graphix)
- Best Magazine/Periodical: Apex Magazine
- Best Independent Press: Luna Press Publishing
- Best Audio: Monstrous Agonies, by H.R. Owen
- Best Anthology: Sinopticon: A Celebration of Chinese Science Fiction, ed. Xueting C. Ni (Solaris)
- Best Short Fiction: Bathymetry, by Lorraine Wilson (in Strange Horizons)
- Best Collection: Never Have I Ever, by Isabel Yap (Small Beer Press)
- Best Novella: Defekt, by Nino Cipri (Tordotcom)
- The August Derleth Award for Best Horror Novel: The Last House on Needless Street, by Catriona Ward (Viper Books)
- The Robert Holdstock Award for Best Fantasy Novel: She Who Became the Sun, by Shelley Parker-Chan (Tor)
- The Karl Edward Wagner Special Award: Maureen Kincaid Speller
The Legends of FantasyCon award (presented by the con, rather than the British Fantasy Society) went to Marie O’Regan and Paul Kane, for their tireless work keeping FantasyCon and other conventions running.
Thank you on behalf of Maureen Speller. She is currently dying of cancer, but I passed the news on, and I know she feels very honoured.
Pingback: Ganadores de los premios British Fantasy 2022 – Fantástica – Ficción
Pingback: 2022 British Fantasy Awards Kazananları Açıklandı
Pingback: Announcing the 2022 British Fantasy Awards Winners
Pingback: ‘The Girl from the Sea’ wins a British Fantasy Award – SMASH PAGES
Pingback: Luna Press Publishing wins Best Independent Press at British Fantasy Awards 2022 | Publishing Scotland
Many congratulations to Shelley Parker-Chan on winning the Robert Holdstock Award for SHE WHO BECAME THE SUN! I can’t wait to read it. As with all ‘Rob’ BFS wins, I’d love to send her a congratulatory copy of one of Rob’s books. Would it be possible to let me have her contact details? Very many thanks! Sarah (Rob’s partner)
Pingback: 155. Interview with Xueting C. Ni | Chinese books for young readers